Things To Do In Myrtle Beach
Year after year, visitors return to Myrtle Beach to enjoy endless activities and the warm Carolina sunshine, surrounded by crisp waters and limitless things to do. Myrtle Beach is part of the "The Grand Stand" area, where couples and families flock to enjoy shopping, dining, entertainment and golfing all year round.
Let Avista Resort serve as your gateway to the best activities and sights the area has to offer. This stunning oceanfront Myrtle Beach hotel puts relaxation within your reach and when you're finished unwinding on the beach and ready for some fun, you're sure to find something for the whole family just around the corner. Here, you'll uncover everything from championship golf to children's programs, dinner theaters, theme parks and a variety of exciting outdoor adventures.
For more tips on what to see in Myrtle Beach, please browse our helpful links and dropdowns below. And when you've decided on what things to do, click here to see our great North Myrtle Beach hotel specials.
- April 1 – September 19 – Encounters: UFO Experience – Broadway at the Beach
- May 17 – August 3 – Sculpture Exhibition “Kent Ullberg: A Retrospective” Brookgreen Gardens
- June 1 – Sept 21 - Hot Summer Nights – Plyler Park
- June 1 – August 30 – SummerFest! 2014 at Barefoot Landing
- June 2 – August 20 – Whose Beach is It Anyway? Improv Show – MB Mall
- June 3 – August 26 – A Crabby Experience – MB State Park
- June 3 – August 12 – Sharks! MB State Park
- June 3 – August 19 – Stingray Shuffle – MB State Park
- June 3 – September 21 – Classic Images: Photography by Ansel Adams
- June 4 – August 27 – From the Forest to the Sea – MB State Park
- June 4 – August 30 – NASCAR Racing Experience at MB Speedway
- June 5 – August 7 – Leaf Your Mark – MB State Park
- June 5 – August 21 – Jumping Jellyfish – MB State Park
- June 6 – August 29 – Legends of the Forest – MB State Park
- June 7 – August 9 – Creature Feature – MB State Park
- June 11 – August 8 – Cool Summer Evenings
- June 12 – August 14 – Movies After Dark in Surfside Beach
- June 18 – August 27 – Cast Away! – MB State Park
- June 18 – August 13 – Family Dive In Movie Night – Myrtle Waves
- June 19 – August 28 – Gator Gossip – MB State Park
- August 1-3 - 31st Annual Summer Classic Arts and Crafts Festival
- August 2 – Sensational Seniors Night Super Trucks and Mini Stocks– MB Speedway
- August 2 – Sandune Traditional Only 3D Archery Tournament
- August 3 – Surfside Beach Sunday Serenades – Fuller Park
- August 7 - Music on Main Concert Series - The Wannabees (Variety, Classic)
- August 14 - Music on Main Concert Series - Gary Lowder & Smokin' Hot (Beach)
- August 15 - Sounds of Summer Concert Series (at NMB Sports Complex) 7-9PM - Too Much Sylvia (Variety)
- August 21 - Music on Main Concert Series 7-9PM - Carolina Soul Band (Beach music)
- August 28 - Music on Main Concert Series 7-9PM - Atlantic Groove (Beach music)
- August 29-30 - 9th Annual Beach Boogie and BBQ Festival
- September 4 - Music on Main Concert Series 7-9PM - Tru Sol (Motown, Top 40, Party)
- September 12-21 - SOS Fall Migration
- September 17 - 11th Annual North Myrtle Beach Irish/Italian Festival
- September 18 - Music on Main Concert Series 7-9PM - Hip Pocket (Beach/Variety)
- September 25 - Music on Main Concert Series 7-9PM - Jim Quick and Coastline (Beach music)
- October 1-5 - Fall Bike Rally
- October 11 - 10th Annual Little River Shrimp Fest
- October 11 - Downtown Myrtle Beach Oktoberfest
- October 18 - Waccamaw Area Heartwalk
- October 19 - Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon
- November 5 - 20th Annual Carolina Beach Music Awards
- November 22 - 20th Annual Holiday Tree Lighting at Broadway at the Beach
- November 29 - 30th Annual Intracoastal Christmas Regatta
- December 26-31 - 24th Annual Beach Ball Classic
Catch the latest blockbuster, seek out a day of thrills at Family Kingdom Amusement Park, or cool off on a hot summer day at one of the area's nearby water parks.
Museums and Parks
Wander the dunes, forests, trails and wildlife habitats of Myrtle Beach State Park, or journey through time, back to the 1700s, at the Kaminski House Museum.
Sports & Fitness
Whether you are looking for a place to climb on a treadmill, pump some iron, shoot some hoops or just relax and take in a ballgame - Myrtle Beach has loads of activities taylor-made for fitness and sports-minded guests.
- Catch a minor league baseball game with the Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Ball fields, playgrounds, dog parks and more at the NMB Sports Complex.
- Soar up to 30' in the air with North Myrtle Beach Jetpack Adventures.
- Get into the action at the X Gym Myrtle Beach Sports Mall
- Surf's Up for family fun - laser tag, rock wall, arcade and more!
- Check out all the local sporting events happening in Myrtle Beach!