Things To Do In Myrtle Beach
Year after year, visitors return to Myrtle Beach to enjoy endless activities and the warm Carolina sunshine, surrounded by crisp waters and limitless things to do. Myrtle Beach is part of the "The Grand Stand" area, where couples and families flock to enjoy shopping, dining, entertainment and golfing all year round.
Let Avista Resort serve as your gateway to the best activities and sights the area has to offer. With a stunning oceanfront setting, you'll always find relaxation within your reach. And when you're finished unwinding on the beach and ready for some fun, you're sure to find something for the whole family just around the corner. Here, you'll uncover everything from championship golf to children's programs, dinner theaters, theme parks and a variety of exciting outdoor adventures.
For more tips on what to see in Myrtle Beach, please browse our helpful links below.
- October 19 - 2013 Coastal 5K and Doggie Dash
- October 19 - Myrtle Beach Wine Festival, Market Common
- October 22 - Taste of the Town, MB Convention Center
- October 26 - Howl-O-Scream, McLean Park
- November 2 - Citywide Clean Up
- November 2 - Art in the Park - Valor Park, Market Common
- November 3 - Souper Supper at Market Common
- November 9 - Color Run 5K
- November 10 - Carolina Beach Music Awards
- November 11 - Veteran's Day
- November 14 - Dickens Christmas Show and Fest
- November 14 - St. Nicholas BBQ Fest at St. Paul's Church in Conway
- November 15 - Lighting at the Landing at Barefoot Landing
- November 16 - Brewing at the Beach at New South Brewing
- November 23 - 10th Annual Murrells Inlet Oyster Roast
- November 28 - Surfside Beach Turkey Trot
- December 6 -Christmas Tree Lighting
- December 7 - Christmas Parade
- December 7 - Musical Classics for Holiday Seasons - Long Bay Symphony
- December 8 - Christmas Cantata
- December 10 - Wreath Making Workshop
- December 15 - "The Lights of Christmas" NMB Community Band
- January 1 - New Year's Day
- February 14 - MyrtleBeach.com Myrtle Beach Marathon
- February 14 - Neon Night 5K
Catch the latest blockbuster, seek out a day of thrills at Family Kingdom Amusement Park, or cool off on a hot summer day at one of the area's nearby water parks.
Museums and Parks
Wander the dunes, forests, trails and wildlife habitats of Myrtle Beach State Park, or journey through time, back to the 1700s, at the Kaminski House Museum.
Sports & Fitness
Whether you are looking for a place to climb on a treadmill, pump some iron, shoot some hoops or just relax and take in a ballgame - Myrtle Beach has loads of activities taylor-made for fitness and sports-minded guests.
- Rejuvenate your body and mind with Yoga on the Beach!
- Catch a minor league baseball game with the Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Get into the action at the X Gym Myrtle Beach Sports Mall
- Surf's Up for family fun - laser tag, rock wall, arcade and more!
- Check out all the local sporting events happening in Myrtle Beach!